Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jeepers Wally

Well shit people.. it's been a LONG long year. I'm really glad I've made it to where I am because you wouldn't believe the shit I've caused in my life over the past nine months. I'm really glad it all happened because here I am today, with clarity, and a new vision. Unbelievable though, left to our own devices, the kind of food fight we'll have in the lunch room. And now for the clean up....

The last post, I see I was still binge eating. And starting tomorrow.. I wrote.. well it was actually two months later to the day that I finally started doing something differently. I supplied a little willingness, and then God supplied the power. If you aren't fortunate enough to have a relationship with a higher power, I'm sorry for you. I mean that. Get one asap.. I think it's great when we get ourselves in the kind of trouble that brings us so far to our knees we have only to pray. THAT'S where the real power comes from.. those really dark corners in our lives.. the trenches we fear we'll never be lifted from. I've been to places in my mind where only suicide seemed an option. Not because I had the desire to kill myself, but because it seemed that unlikely to find a solution. But lo and behold.. when I was desperate enough.. scared enough.. terrified enough.. I became willing to try almost anything.. including some stuff I hadn't been willing to try before.. like some Christian scripture, going to church.. (although that isn't exclusively what I believe) I'm getting open minded.. I think it's strange how the 'tolerant' people of the world, the branch offs of the standard eventually become so intolerant themselves. I know. I was one of them, until I needed something to get me out of my hell.. and oddly.. I needed rules, plain and simple. a direction.. not gray, not murky, not vague, but definite. dogmatic even.. NOT middle of the road. I think the gray is for people much different than me. I take gray and I play with it until I'm living in an episode of Alice in Wonderland and nobody knows anymore WHAT the hell is up or down.



But all that's changed now. Thank you GOD. I love my life again for the first time in YEARS.

I have a friend who said in a meeting once that when nobody had to change anymore and nobody owed him an amends anymore, he knew he was in a good place spiritually. That's how I feel today. I see that it was always about me and my adjustment (or maladjustment to life) over the past couple of years, that has led me to this new realization. Another friend says that God will use your defects for his good. .. to bring you to a place where you have to rely on Him. I consider it an honor right now to have been brought to this place of love and humility so that I could know what I know now about what is good and not good because doing what isn't has SUCKED. I couldn't find happiness ANYWHERE, and then BAM.. there You were, when I started doing things differently.. I started taking Zoloft for anxiety, started working steps in both programs again, and started listening to that voice that would tell me what to say.. what not to say.. what to do.. how..

Thank you God for bringing me up out of that so that I could be of use to my family. Of use to You. And a testimony of Your love to others. 

Yes folks, things CAN change. Don't give up yet. Whatever it is. There IS a way through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment