Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Introducing Myself

Because of the nature of what I do.. art, photography and such, there seems to be no way around posting almost an entire page of nothing but art, if I were to post everything I've done.. so I'll only pick my personal favorites.. things that have personal value or show technical skill, for you to view. Hopefully, that will introduce myself, and allow for the remaining blog to show only new art, and permit writing nonsense.

I'd like to state for the record, that I have a difficult time with blogs because I live a unique life and try to avoid contempt or misunderstanding of who I am. I am not religious, nor do I feel as if I need to sober up the world. Nor do I feel as if I say anything for anyone who isn't willing to listen.. nor do I think I need to change everyone.. and nor am I judging. That being said.. let me explain the basics of 'me'.

1. First and foremost, I am an alcoholic in recovery. I am not judging those of you who drink, do drugs, or any other choice you may make. Not only is that against whatever ethical beliefs are produced by my program, your sobriety is only important to me if you are asking me for help. Otherwise, there's nothing I could do, even if I wanted to.


2. If I talk about 'God'.. what I really mean is my personal concept of a higher power. .. which is nature, depth, tao, different levels of consiousness, experience, ethical values, metaphysics. I only describe these things (that are oh so personal) to allow for everyone to understand that I am not necessarily referring to whatever God you have personally disavowed. I can not filter myself entirely and at the same time still present myself in an honest way. Hence the reason I've avoided blogs.


3. If I bitch about my life, it does not mean that I am not happy, that I don't appreciate what I have, or that I am an 'unspiritual' person. Sometimes I just need to vent.. or gain some helpful advise.

With that, (and I may think of more later). I am glad to be here.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the photo you placed above is my favorite of yours that I've seen.

    And so much of what you said I mirror, and is why I stopped blogging. We'll see how it goes this time around.

    I'm glad you're here too :)

    ReplyDelete